March 2014


We had a fun visit from Grandma Peggy and Grandpa Bob in March. So we showed them how we do in Colorado. Or at least we tried. We took them on a long walk around the reservoir and finally let them feed the ducks with  us. We do this often with almost moldy bread. On a side note: Wonder Bread is gross. So when Gabriel tried to suggest we buy some at the grocery store, I told him that it was bread for ducks and that people can't eat it. When we later saw someone else about to buy Wonder Bread, he gasped and pointed in horror, telling me that these poor people were about to buy Duck Bread.


We took Grandma and Grandpa to downtown Denver for a street-side hot dog and a Colorado ornament. This is Gabriel's awesome photography work. 


We drove so many miles that day. From Downtown we drove to the Denver Temple. The kids rarely get to see it, so it's nice to remind them once in a while where Mommy and Daddy go to "get married" every month. It was a peaceful afternoon and we had it almost all to ourselves, with the exception of one marriage party. The groom took our group photo. 


Here's my beautiful Ruby! The light of our family.


Back at home, my girls and their dollies playing a duet (or would this be a quartet? )


Claire has started ballet this year. I am so grateful for dance class!
 She loves it so much and finally has an outlet for her energy that she loves, and also has something that she does that no one else in our family does, so it's her time to shine. She's in a morning class with one other girl, Kendall. 


Claire was invited to a Frozen party where the girls were told to wear a princess dress. The girls were sat on the couch and told to close their eyes because there was a surprise coming. Claire obeyed, like a good princess. Not so much the other girls. 


Claire's been asking me for a haircut like Gabriel's for a while. I hoped that cutting it to her shoulders would be a compromise for us. I asked the haircutter to thin it out, too. She asked me to repeat myself a few times, just to make sure I wanted to thin out my 4 year-old's hair. This child has so much hair! 


A few days after the big hair cut, Claire excused herself from dinner and I didn't follow her. She came back wearing my lipstick and missing some hair in front. I tried to remain calm, because I could tell she thought she looked awesome. Gabriel didn't hold back with his opinion: "Well I think she looks weird!". I still have to remind myself every day that hair grows back. 

This is Gabriel and his little girlfriend, Addison. Obviously, she's got it going on: blue eyes and blond hair, dazzling smile and sparkling personality. Looking at this picture, I'm wondering what Gabriel's got going on. I mean, he rolls up his jeans and won't let me touch his hair. I know he's beautiful, but apparently the girls like 'em rough. I heard her bragging to someone at the park that Gabriel was her boyfriend. She makes me laugh. We love Addison.

1 comment:

allyn said...

Ohman! That picture of Claire after her handy work is hilarious. So sad to spend $ on a haircut to have it sabotaged. Gabriel's got that "I'm cool no matter what I do or what I wear" thing going on.
Also love that you asked a groom to take your picture at the temple. Maybe that took his mind off things for a minute.
You guys are adorable.