Graduation: August 11, 2011

This year I finally complete my long journey with BYU.
I started school here in 2007 while pregnant with Gabriel. We didn't know it at the time, but found out that the school offered insurance to students with great maternity benefits. So we signed up. Little did we know that this long, drawn out process would pay for all 3 of our babies. Thank you, BYU.

I say long and drawn out because I started here with my associates degree already completed. I took a class here, skipped a semester there, and now I get to just be a mommy again.

This last semester and summer were by far the hardest and most rewarding few months of my life. Pregnant with Ruby and going to school full time with 2 other kids at home. I could not have done this without David's sister, Jessica. She gave up a lot to come live with us in Utah to take care of the kids while I finished school. I made all A's and B's because of her helping. I think one of those grades was only awarded because I never missed a class and my wonderful teacher took pity on the poor pregnant girl with perfect attendance in the 7 am class.

Technically I have 3 more classes to complete, but I am doing them online in the Fall and they let me walk early because I would not live in Utah in April. So, as my sister Nicole loves to say "A cap and gown does not a graduate make", it's a great motivation and step to a huge reality for me.

Two weeks after my last final exam in the summer, I gave birth to little Ruby.


Thanks to Rob and Claire for coming to support me. I love this picture because none of us are looking at the same camera, not even Ian.

My parents drove down from Idaho and got there just in time to hear my name being read as I walked across stage. So glad they made it!

Here's my hero, David, who supported me all the way and made a lot of sacrifices for me to be able to do this.

29 years old and 3 kids, finally finishing school. It's a great feeling!

5 comments:

melissa said...

Olympic cry for you!!! You did it! That picture of you and Rob's fam is hilarious. Best of luck on your online classes. It's in the bag.

allyn said...

you are truly amazing. after emma was born i only had one more class to take and i had zero motivation to do it. i just wanted to stay home and play with my sweet little girl. i am so glad i finished, though. you will be too! even if it is just so you can say it is done.

Nicole said...

Yay for Makenzie! Btw, I got that famous phrase from "Nadine" at the graduation office at Ricks College when I wanted to walk in my cap and gown before I was officially done. She was not very nice to me. You definitely deserve to be in that cap and gown!

Jen said...

Absolutely, Olympic cry. I'm impressed and amazed. As they say at my kids' elementary school- "pleased and proud!!"

Andrea Lee U.R. said...

Way to go!!! You are amazing!!!