January 22, 2010

Today my baby girl turned 7 months old. Why is the best year of your life the shortest? My baby is getting old fast. But she still doesn't roll over, which gives me bragging rights, I think. I can leave her anywhere still and she's there 2 seconds later. Also, she's gorgeous; so I guess I get double bragging rights. Today is also my birthday. My sweet husband brought this adorable cake home and we ate it while playing scrabble while the kids were asleep. We're so wild.
This was the best we could do.


And I haven't posted anything lately because we hibernate in the winter time. Gabriel discovered a Cars puzzle and he does it 5 times a day. I'm very impressed because it's a bigger person's puzzle. Hopefully he's a genius. But he wets his pants 5 times a day, too. So....


Anyway, Gabriel does puzzles and Claire plays in her bouncy thing while I play the piano. It's what we do now and it's so sweet. Actually it's the best. You can't tell, but Gabriel is saying "cheese" in this picture.


12 comments:

Jen said...

We have that exact same bouncy thing! I love it. Henry does not stay still for two seconds. We should have named him Jack-Jack. Cute cake- maybe you will get the card I sent?

Catherine said...

Kenz, don't be a hater cause I didn't call/text/email yesterday. I'm so sorry! I totally thought of you all day though. Does that count? Anyway, what a great way to spend your birthday - with the cutest kiddies ever and a fab cake! Happy (belated) 28th! PS, why are we getting closer to 30?

Nicole said...

Claire looks so cute in that dress! I love seeing her in Bridgie's old clothes.

That cake is awesome. Good job, David. :)

Jess said...

You are right. Your daughter is gorgeous! And I envy that she stays in the same place for 2 seconds. My kids were not that way past 4 months.

allyn said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY THEY SAY YOU'RE 28,
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SORRY IT IS LATE....:(

sounds like you and banks both had low-key days. i bet you got the woody cake i made out of strawberry mix filled with cookies and cream ice cream. i can feel the envy through the screen.

Mom said...

Happy Birthday, Sweetie! Love the cake and the darling pictures! It sounds like you had a lovely birthday.:) I thought of you and Banks all day!

Leah said...

Happy Birthday! Love the Cake. You make me laugh.

Stephanie said...

You definately have bragging rights because both of your kids are so adorable. I love the cake David got you. Happy Birthday!

Andrea Lee U.R. said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
LOVE the cake!!! That is so you. (pink)
Kenzie, you are such a beautiful little mommy!! (and your kids are beautiful too)

melissa said...

That cake is so cute! But not as cute as your genius children. Happy Birthday to you! Sorry we didn't get a chance to talk.

Lisa and company said...

cute kids! cute cake!!
Hope you had a wonderful birthday!

Amy Lyne said...

You do have some pretty cute kids! I'm glad you didn't have to make your own birthday cake! :) We want to have you over to play soon!